Monday, December 31, 2012

Sameera

In November I began sponsoring a child in India. I read her family lives off $64 dollars a month. They sleep on cement floors use communal bathrooms, and cannot afford to feed little Sameera. I have her photo she is an adorable little girl age 7. I was inspired by a friend that there is more I could be doing to make a difference. So I decided to sponsor a child. Children"s International even sends me photos and allows me to write her and send her gifts for holidays. I like this it gives me a gratifying feeling. Knowing me just one man is making a difference for a young child a world away.

This New Year I also intend to become a CPR/First Aid instructor for the Red Cross. To go beyond just giving money and give something of myself. I think the world would be a better place if all people did these sort of things. I very person who could afford it gave money to help others I am convinced much of the suffering people experience could be alleviated. Unfortunately many people are selfish and greedy and this works against the common good.

I find only misery is selfishness. Thinking outside of myself I find purpose, meaning, and peace. Ruminating over my own problems brings feelings of sadness and depression. I read before about the Buddhist religion. Much of there teachings surround denying yourself. By denying yourself you are creating room for only others to fill your life. I am not Buddhist but I like this idea and strive to be this way.

My understanding is in this life and the next people are defined by what they do. It is what we are judged by and is determination of good. I strive to do good for others I like the feeling I can help. I also find this meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment